A big thank you to Inga (Lady of Bookland) over at Journey in Bookland for tagging me to do this back in February!!! I love doing tags but am just so bad at keeping up with them. Sorry for the delay Inga!!!
You can check out Inga’s tag post here and don’t forget to follow her if you don’t already.
I DARE YOU BOOK TAG
1. What Book has been on your shelves the longest?
A Column of Fire by Ken Follett
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you will read next?
(At the time of writing this post.)
Last Read: Les Miserable by Victor Hugo, Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
There are quite a few. But I’m going to go with Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. I ended up DNF-ing this one.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Another easy one. I’ve just had a clear out and have taken out all the books I’ve lost interest in reading so at present I only have books on my list that I really want to read.
5. Which book are you saving for retirement?
Well this is a nice easy question. None, I haven’t got any books saved for retirement.
6. Last page: Do you read it first or wait to the end?
OH MY!!! Why would anyone want to read the last page first. I really don’t see the point of that. So, for me 100% wait to the end.
7. Acknowledgements: Are they a waste of paper and ink or interesting?
I think it really depends on the type of book. I tend to read Acknowledgements more in Non-Fiction books.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Oh, this is a hard one. I’m not sure, I would love to go to a magical world like Hogwarts.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?
Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. It’s about a family with a daughter with the same condition I have and it shows the struggle that the family go through. Most of what is in the book has been experienced by my very own family.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Nope not acquired any books in any interesting way. Wish I could write something more interesting.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
I usually gift my best friend books as she’s a book lover too.
12. Which book has been with you the most places?
Most of the time I actually try not to take physical books with me. As I find them hard to carry around. But I never leave the house without my phone so always have audiobooks and eBooks with me. Also, if I know I will be out for a long time I take my Kindle with me.
13. Any ‘required reading’ you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
Not that I can remember!! I think we were pretty lucky with the books that were on our required reading list.
14. Used or brand new?
I love brand new books, but I also love buying second hand ones from my local charity shop.
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
Yes, I have. I’ve read 6 out of the 7. I own them all.
16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?
YES!! Again, there are a few. The most recent one would be The Invisible Man. I enjoyed the older movie better than the book.
17. A book that’s made you hungry?
This book has some great descriptions of food, that actually made me feel hungry.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
This is a hard one but most likely my friends and a couple of family members who I know loving reading
19. Most read authors?
Based on the books on my book shelves and Kindle they would be Stephen King, Patricia Cornwell, George R.R. Martin and Kathy Reich’s.
20. Ship from two different books?
No idea as I’ve never thought about doing this before. Umm you’ve got me thinking now.
Nen & Jen over at Nen and Jen
Danni @ For Books Sake
Misty @ Misty’s Book Space
Carol over at Reading Ladies
No pressure, but if you do, don’t forget to link back to this post so I can read your answers.