A big thank you to Danni over at For Books Sake for nominating me for my 4th The Liebster Award.
Don’t forget to check out and follow Danni’s blog if you don’t already, and you can check out her answers here
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
My answers to Danni’s questions:
1. Let’s start with some positivity. The year has been awful, but what has been your highlight/most positive moment of 2020?
The best thing was the birth of my second nephew, who was born 6 weeks before the 1stlockdown in March 2020
2. Have you set yourself any challenges for 2021?
I have signed up to do 5 challenges on Goodreads and have also set some personal challenges for myself in 2021, you can read all about them in about it my 2021 Reading Goals and Challenges post here.
3. What is your favourite book to screen adaptation?
Oh, this is a hard one as most of the time I prefer the books. Apart from the obvious one Harry Potter movies I would have to say The Silence of the Lamb films. I love the books and the films. I’ve lost the amount of times I’ve re-watched and read the books.
4. I always ask this in these things, but what is your favourite famous work of art?
Ok, I’m going to say the Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh.
5. What is your opinion on DNF’ing?
I’m getting better at DNF’ing books. I used to force myself to finish a book. Now a days, if I’m not enjoying a book I put it down and then give it another go, and then If after about 100 pages if I’m still not liking it I will DNF it.
6. We’ve all watched lots of TV this year, so what are your 3 top binge-worthy series you’ve watched in 2020?
Oh, there were so many good series that I watched so it was very difficult to choose just 3 but here they are.
The Queen’s Gambit
7. What are your biggest hopes for 2021?
To be able to see my family and friends in person, and for life to go back to normal as possible. Which I think is what everyone is probably hoping for.
8. Who is your favourite musician? Why are they your favourites? and have you seen them live?
I’m the kind of person that likes anything that sounds good, so don’t really have a favourite. I’ve not seen any musician’s live but would love to one day.
9. Imagine you have your dream home library, describe it.
I would have wall to ceiling shelves, with a nice fluffy carpet, and in one corner I would have a cosy electronic recliner, with a small table or stool to hold my hot drink and TBR books of the month. I’d also have a basket full of cosy blankets. Oh, and I love to have a desk nice desk where I can work on my reviews and blog posts.
10. What is your favourite book/series from your childhood?
I loved reading the Roald Dahl books, and the point horror books. My favourite was The Babysitter’s series.
11. Is there a genre you would like to read more of?
Oh, this is a hard one, I’ve really started reading a variety of genres already but think I would like to read a bit more Fantasy and Historical Fiction. I do read them but think they are the least read.
Emer over at A Little Haze Book Blog
Yvonne over at The Coycaterpillar Reads
Dini over at Dini Panda Reads
Inga over at Journey In Bookland
Misty over at Misty’s Book Space
Corina over at The Brown Eyed Bookworm
Maisy over at Hawthorn Book Reviews
Riddhi over at Whispering Stories
Carol over at Reading Ladies
Jodie over at Witty and Sarcastic Book Club
Laura over at Roachie’s Reviews
I also nominate YOU if you’re reading this!!
My 11 questions for you:
I’ve kept a few of Danni’s questions and added some new ones.
- What is your favourite book to screen adaptation?
- What is your opinion on DNF’ing?
- Imagine you have your dream home library, describe it.
- Is there a genre you avoid reading? If so why?
- If you had to choose one series or author to read over and over again what or would it be?
- Can you name your top 3 favourite reads ever?
- What is your all time favourite movie?
- Do you set yourself seasonal TBR’s or just read what you want?
- Where is your favorite place to read, can you describe it?
- Is there a book you love that nobody else seems to?
- What’s the first book you remember reading?
Absolutely NO pressure!! I totally understand if you don’t want to take part. But if you do don’t forget to link back to this post so I don’t miss out on reading your answers.