Last week I finally got an e-mail from my library saying my hold had finally come in and it was time for me to pick up. I went the very next day to pick up the book that I had been waiting for since January. I had the good intentions of just going in quickly and picking up my hold and coming straight out but instead I ended up wodering around the library and picking an additional 5 books.
So what books did I pick up? Well, I picked up
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel – This book is so popular at my library and it took forever to come. Have heard great things about it. Hope it doesn’t disappoint.
- Why Mummy Swears by Gill Sims – This one was actually recommended to me by a friend who hardly ever reads. So, if she liked it, it must be good.
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone – Another book I’ve heard good things about
- Ink by Alice Broadway – I picked this one up but not 100% sure what it’s about, I heard a few things about it but I picked it up as I liked the cover.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelly – I’m trying to read more classic books and have wanted to read this one for ages. I’m sure I read it when I was at school but I can’t remember for sure. So it may be a re-read.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – This was another book that my friend who hardly reads recommended to me. She actually recommended this book to me last year but only just picked it up.
Have you read or want to read any of these? Which one should I start first? Also let me know if you’ve visited your local library recently and what wonderful books you picked up.
*Main image from Google Images