Thank you so much Witty Sarcastic Book Club for my nominating me for my very first Liebster Award.
Don’t forget to check out and follow Witty Sacastics blog if you don’t already.
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
My answers to the 11 questions:
What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year and why?
There are a couple but I’m going to with The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. I chose this book because it had everything I look for in a book. Interesting characters, gripping plot twists I wasn’t expecting, a great balance of action and suspence.
Would you rather meet your favorite book character, or your favorite author?
I would rather meet my favourite author so I could find out lots more about my favourite book character.
What movie/show do you think is better than the book?
That’s a tricky question to answer, normally the books are nearly always better, but for this I am going to say the movie version of The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. Even though I enjoyed reading the books I actually really enjoyed watching the characters come to life.
What do you like to do, other than read (and talk about books, and hoard books, and sniff books…)?
I love doing Amigurumi (crocheting toys), which I taught myself by watching YouTube videos. Although I haven’t made anything in over a year as everytime I get my wool and crochet needles out my 4 year old nephew comes and takes everything because I wants to do it instead.
Do you prefer sweet or salty?
This all depends what I have to choose from. If it’s popcorn then I like it mixed, this is because I find popcorn either too salty or too sweet if eaten separately.
How do you describe why you like reading to non-readers?
Again it depends who the non-reader is. If it’s someone I know i.e Family or friends I usually tell them I like reading because it means I don’t have to talk to you or pay attention to you. Only joking, I tell them I like reading because it helps me to relax and I can get lost in a different world and I can let my imagination go wild when bring the characters to life in my head.
Do you have a yet-to-be-realized dream?
I have a dream of travelling around the world, and having my very own libraby in my house do those count.
What’s a book genre that you never read?
Erotica I’ve tried and I didn’t like it. I don’t see the point of reading this genre. I don’t think anything will change my mind.
What’s something about you that might surprise people?
When I meet new people they are surprised to learn how old I really am. I very often mistaken to be in my mid twenties, and still get asked for ID.
Who is the least likeable character you’ve ever read?
Hmmm, this is a hard one but I’m going back to choose a character from one of my favourite books from when I was a kid and go with Miss Trunchbull from Matilda by Roald Dahl. I really hated her and she still reminds me a little bit of my English teacher that I had during my GCSE’s.
What’s your favourite genre and why?
I have a few favourite genres but if I had to choose one I would say horror. I’ve always had a thing for horror I love how it makes my heart race.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m right handed but I can write with both hands, although I haven’t written left handed for years and its very messy now.
- I have small feet and can get away with buying children’s/junior sized shoes.
- I like eating peanut butter sandwiches with cheese and onion flavoured crisps in the middle.
- Whenever I have McDonalds I like to dip my chips into my milkshake instead on ketchup.
- I own over a 50 pin badges, from different charities and organisations. I used to collect them when I was growing up.
- I have a collection of over a 100 ball point pens, all pretty standard and boring looking but I still can never find a pen that works when I need one.
- I love snakes, and would love to own one.
- I love watching horror films and the majority of the time I watch them on my own as not many of my family or friends like them.
- I love mint and chocolate, and anything with these ingredients in.
- It took me 6 attempts to pass my driving test.
- I like watching the doctors/nurses putting IV’s into my arm, it always makes me wonder how they know which vein to try first.
Beckie over at REV. REBECCA WRITES
Amanda over at Devouring Books
Laura over at Roachie’s Reviews
Jee Wan over at Hooked On Bookz
Lorryn over at Reading Parental
Helen over at Helen’s Book Shelf
Shaz over at Shaz Reads
Jack over at jthbooks
Devyani over at Musing Of A Bibliophagist
Rekha over at The Book Decoder
Zoe over at Book Addict Rambles Book Addict Rambles
Kaylee over at Kayl’s All Booked Out
I also nominate anyone else who would like to take part, there are just way too many wonderful bloggers that I follow to add.
My 11 questions for you?
- Do you really judge a book by its cover?
- If you were able to host a dinner party for your favourite authors (alive or dead), who would you invite and what would you make for them?
- What’s your favourite food?
- What’s the oldest read book on your shelf?
- What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
- What’s your all time favourite book that you recommend to everyone?
- What is your favourite book quote?
- If you could give advice to your younger self what would it be?
- What sparked your love of reading?
- Can you share some of your unpopular bookish opinions?
- What’s your favourite drink of choice (hot or cold)?
I can’t wait to read your answers and find out more about you. Also I totally understand if you don’t want to take part, absolutely no pressure. For those of you who do take part don’t forget to share your links.